A treasury for word lovers. The Chambers Thesaurus is a veritable treasure-trove, including the greatest selection of alternative words and phrases available in an A to Z format. Modern vocabulary sits alongside archaic, and technical terms, formal language and slang are all covered.
Cross-referenced definitions take you from one entry to another with a simple tap on a word in the current entry.
Detailed Grammar Information
Morphology modules enrich the dictionary with full grammatical information, detailing word inclinations and proper verb conjugation.
Advanced Input Methods
Use Google Voice, Google Goggles or Paragon's proprietary PenReader handwriting recognition technology for faster and most convenient look-up!
Full Text Search
Full text search feature allows looking up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords, idioms and usage examples.
A treasury for word lovers.
The Chambers Thesaurus is a veritable treasure-trove, including the greatest selection of alternative words and phrases available in an A to Z format.
Modern vocabulary sits alongside archaic, and technical terms, formal language and slang are all covered
• 420,000 alternatives for 18,000 words help you find the right word for every context and occasion • Over 420,000 synonyms and antonyms • Quotations and proverbs to enjoy and employ
Convenient search methods allow you to find any word in a number of different ways
• Headword search. • Full text search. • Search for anagrams (bat-tab). • Search within entries to narrow down and quickly navigate larger entries. • Wildcard search to find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling. • Similar words search in case of misspelling.
Search and input features
• Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords and usage examples. • Enter the word in your own handwriting with Paragon’s PenReader handwriting recognition software, search by voice using Google Voice recognition service (Available for OS 2.2 and higher) or take a picture of the text and get definition of words with Google Goggles. • Easy copy-and-paste functions and the Share button feature (Available for OS 4.0 and higher) allow to copy unknown words from an active application, like web browsers or email, and automatically to open the relevant dictionary entry. • Use the Share button to send copied text to the dictionary directly and get the definition in one click! (Available for OS 4.0 and higher). • English morphology module helps to find words in any grammatical form.
• English audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers. • Favorite articles to quickly access and revise frequently searched words.
• Built-in dictionary catalog for in-app purchases. • Dictionary installation on SD card (Available for OS 2.2 and higher). • Search History feature shows the last 100 words looked up. • Hyperlinks between articles and directions. • Flexible font size settings for your comfort. • No Internet connection required.
TransLegal Law Dictionary
The price may differ depending on the platform
Practical English Usage Fourth Edition by Michael Swan