A treasury for word lovers. The Chambers Thesaurus is a veritable treasure-trove, including the greatest selection of alternative words and phrases available in an A to Z format. Modern vocabulary sits alongside archaic, and technical terms, formal language and slang are all covered.
Dictionary interface contains 5 powerful search options to find exactly
what you need: headword, wildcard, full text search, as well as search
for similar words and anagrams.
Cross-referenced definitions take you from one entry to another with a simple tap on a word in the current entry.
Table of irregular Verbs
Useful tool to remember all of the irregular verbs!
A treasury for word lovers.
The Chambers Thesaurus is a
veritable treasure-trove, including the greatest selection of
alternative words and phrases available in an A to Z format.
vocabulary sits alongside archaic, and technical terms, formal language
and slang are all covered
• 420,000 alternatives for 18,000 words help you find the right word for every context and occasion • Over 420,000 synonyms and antonyms • Quotations and proverbs to enjoy and employ
Search and input features
• Search through dictionary headwords. • Fulltext search mode – to search for usage examples. • Dictionaries now support enhanced the built-in dictation feature* on the latest Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks. The dictation feature allows the user to look up words in the dictionary by saying them. • List of similar words in case of misspelling. • Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters. • English morphology module helps to find words in any grammatical form. • Look up from other applications - while working in other applications you can easily and quickly look up any desired word without leaving that application. • Search history - while you are using the dictionary, it saves all looked up and viewed words/phrases in the History.
• English audio pronunciations recorded by native. • Irregular verbs.
• Quick access to virtual keyboard. • Synchronization of dictionary language with the keyboard input source. • Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words. • Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
* To enable the dictation feature, you need to select in System Preferences the “Dictation & Speech” option and clicks on the required languages. To use the dictation feature in dictionary apps, press the “Fn” (Function) Key twice, then pronounces a word and clicks “Done.”