The dictionary guides you to the right word combination for your context showing you the most frequently used combinations in both British and American English
• 250,000 word combinations and 9,000 noun, verb, and adjective collocations
• 75,000 examples showing how collocations are used
• 25 usage notes on collocations shared by words such as seasons, currencies, and language
• Pop-up definition and real voice spoken pronunciation for every word in the dictionary
• 17 pre-loaded topics contain useful word lists you can add to or edit
• Create and organize your own lists of favourite words
• Alphabetical index makes it easy to find collocates for any word in the dictionary
• ‘Did you mean…?’ function and wildcard search allow you to find a word even if you don’t know the spelling
• View your History to see the last 100 words you looked up
The word combinations are based on analysis of the Oxford English Corpus, a collection of three billion words of text from the English-speaking world that show the words that really do go together.
Oxford Learner’s Dictionary of Academic English wins British Council ELTon award
Oxford Learner’s Dictionary of Academic English (OLDAE) has won the 2015 British Council ELTon award for Innovation in Learner Resources. The award is for the print + CD-ROM edition and the iOS app and was presented at a ceremony in London on 4 June.