With the first edition issued over 50 years ago, the dictionary is a reliable source of reference for both language learners and professionals: linguists, translators, interpreters and teachers.
• Idioms and fixed expressions of the modern colloquial and literary language • Specialized terminology of law and finance, computer science and electronics, medicine and ethnography • Includes Latin-American dialects
Convenient search methods allow you to find any word in a number of different ways
• Headword search. • Full text search. • Search for anagrams (bat-tab). • Search within entries to narrow down and quickly navigate larger entries. • Wildcard search to find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling. • Similar words search in case of misspelling.
Search and input features
• Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords and usage examples. • Enter the word in your own handwriting with Paragon’s PenReader handwriting recognition software, search by voice using Google Voice recognition service (Available for OS 2.2 and higher) or take a picture of the text and get definition of words with Google Goggles. • Easy copy-and-paste functions and the Share button feature (Available for OS 4.0 and higher) allow to copy unknown words from an active application, like web browsers or email, and automatically to open the relevant dictionary entry. • Use the Share button to send copied text to the dictionary directly and get the translation in one click! (Available for OS 4.0 and higher). • English and Russian morphology modules help to find words in any grammatical form.
• English and Russian audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers. • Full linguistic information for English and Russian words, with declension and conjugation tables. • Favorite articles to quickly access and revise frequently searched words.
• Built-in dictionary catalog for convenient in-app purchases. • Dictionary installation on SD card (Available for OS 2.2 and higher). • Search History feature shows the last 100 words looked up. • Hyperlinks between articles and directions. • Flexible font size settings for your comfort. • No Internet connection required.