Learn more with a dictionary that’s specifically written for Italian-speaking learners of English
• More than 60,000 words, phrases and examples – extensive coverage to meet the needs of English language learners
• The most important words to learn in English are clearly marked with a key (the Oxford 3000™)
• Hundreds of colour illustrations, which you can enlarge and explore to further extend your vocabulary
• Study all English verb forms and hear them pronounced
• Extra information, written especially for Italian-speaking learners of English, appears in usage notes, for example related vocabulary, grammar and cultural information
• Build your topic vocabulary using pre-loaded Topics that bring together words to talk about Computing, Jobs, Sports, etc.
• Tap on any phonetic transcription to bring up a key to the phonetic symbols.
Oxford Learner’s Dictionary of Academic English wins British Council ELTon award
Oxford Learner’s Dictionary of Academic English (OLDAE) has won the 2015 British Council ELTon award for Innovation in Learner Resources. The award is for the print + CD-ROM edition and the iOS app and was presented at a ceremony in London on 4 June.