Get the most out of this Van Dale Concise dictionary by using the clever
• Type, paste, write or dictate (from iOS 8.2) your word: all entry methods are
available to you. We will continue the search when you tap on a word in an
• Use the Word Trainer for learning a language. Select words from the
dictionary to test yourself.
• A language not only written, but also spoken. The pronunciation of Dutch and
Spanish words is written in phonotype and you can also listen to the correct
pronunciation of many Spanish words.
• While you are typing words, the best matches are already shown. This way, you
often don’t need to type an entire word.
• Turn the dictionary inside out: do a full-text search to find words and
examples in entries as well.
• Uncertain about how a word is written? Typing wrongly spelled words is not a
problem. We will also find words that are similar to the one you have typed.
• Fill in a form of a word and we’ll show you the stem of that word. You will
also find practical schedules with word forms in the descriptions of words.
• Use wildcards instead of letters or search for anagrams. This way, you can
search with even more results and you have a useful aid for puzzles and word
• Do a search on one or more words directly from Safari or from your clipboard
(from iOS 8).
• Your search history is saved (and can be deleted easily!)
• Adjust the font size or colours according to your own taste and use pinch to
zoom within articles.
• Would you like to keep your find? Simply put words in your own favourites
• An internet connection is not required to use this app, so there are no
• Van Dale apps are universal, so they work on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. You
can use them in portrait or landscape position.