Get the most out of this Van Dale Pocket dictionary by using the clever
• Type, paste, write or dictate (from iOS 8.2) your word: all entry methods are
available to you. We will continue the search when you tap on a word in an
• Use the Word Trainer for learning a language. Select words from the
dictionary to test yourself.
• A language not only written, but also spoken. The pronunciation of Dutch and
Italian words is written in phonotype and you can also listen to the correct
pronunciation of many Italian words.
• While you are typing words, the best matches are already shown. This way, you
often don’t need to type an entire word.
• Turn the dictionary inside out: do a full-text search to find words and
examples in entries as well.
• Use wildcards instead of letters or search for anagrams. This way, you can
search with even more results and you have a useful aid for puzzles and word games.
• Do a search on one or more words directly from Safari or from your clipboard
(from iOS 8).
• Your search history is saved (and can be deleted easily!)
• Adjust the font size or colours according to your own taste and use pinch to
zoom within articles.
• Would you like to keep your find? Simply put words in your own favourites
• An internet connection is not required to use this app, so there are no
• Van Dale apps are universal, so they work on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. You
can use them in portrait or landscape position.
We regularly perform technical updates. This way, bugs are eliminated and new
possibilities are added. Do you have suggestions or do you have ideas to
improve this app? Please send us an email: email@example.com. Compliments
are also gladly received. A positive review in the App Store means the world to
Van Dale Uitgevers is the leading and most authoritative publisher of
dictionaries in the Netherlands and Belgium. Van Dale produces a wide and
varied offering of dozens of language–related titles for effective language
user support. With precision and respect, Van Dale describes language as
thoroughly as possible, and not only Dutch, but foreign languages too.